- Do you use subcontractors for installation?
- How do I clean my shutters?
- What are the advantages of composite versus wood or poly shutters?
- What warranty can I expect?
Do you use subcontractors for installation?
Unlike the big box stores and national chains that rely on subcontractor networks for installation and service, our installers are company employees who are product experts and dedicated to proving a pleasant and professional installation experience... They're the best in the business!!
How do I clean my shutters?
Our shutters will look and feel like a piece of furniture. You should use mild soap and water if they truly need cleaning. However, most often it is a matter of simply wiping them down with a dust rag or cloth.
What are the advantages of composite versus wood or poly shutters?
Our composite shutters have an engineered wood core with polymer wrap that is 10 times stronger and more durable than paint. They're moisture resistant, UV protected and carry a limited lifetime warranty to never peal, crack, fade, discolor or warp. Wood shutters are the best option when custom shapes and finishes are wanted. They can be light, strong and beautiful, but buyer beware: Like funiture, there's a wide range of good and poor quality wood shutters on the market. Most low-cost wood shutters are less expensive for a reason - be very mindful and careful about quality. Similarly, there are several good and poor quality poly shutters on the market. Most are manufactured in China or Mexico. As with most products and services, you often get what you pay for!
What warranty can I expect?
We carry only top-quality brands and products that are an expression of our desire to provide value and a thoroughly satisfying experience for our customers. All of our products are covered by the manufacturer warranties as well as our limited lifetime warranty on workmanship and installation.
Limited Lifetime Warranty - Covered
- Defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are specified).
- All internal mechanisms
- Components and brackets
- Fabric delamination
- Composite shutter componentry against fading, cracking, peeling or warping.
- Operational cords - 7 years from date of purchase on Hunter Douglas products, 5 years on all other brands.
- Motorized components are covered for 5 years from date of purchase.
Limited Lifetime Warranty - Not covered
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to products
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water).
- Failure to follow proper cleaning and maintenance instructions.
- Shipping and/or trip charges